Year of Call: 1994
Clinical Negligence | Commercial Law | Personal Injury
Recommended by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as a top band Leading Junior in Personal Injury. "He's really meticulous – a real details man. He is also very personable and easy to deal with." "A thorough, clever and tactically astute lawyer who is willing to take on difficult and challenging cases." Chambers & Partners 2020 "He is absolutely masterful on his feet – it's like watching an advocacy masterclass." Legal 500 2020
He undertakes the full range of personal injury work. Particular areas of expertise include public and employer's liability, construction site accidents, workplace stress, RTA liability, fatal accidents and high value quantum claims.
He has acted in a wide variety of clinical negligence actions, with particular focus on serious brain and spinal cord injuries.
Dan's related insurance work centres upon disputes as to policy construction, third party rights against insurers and avoidance for non-disclosure or misrepresentation.
Chambers & Partners 2020: "He's really meticulous – a real details man. He is also very personable and easy to deal with." "A thorough, clever and tactically astute lawyer who is willing to take on difficult and challenging cases."
Legal 500 2020: "He is absolutely masterful on his feet – it's like watching an advocacy masterclass."
Chambers & Partners 2019: (Personal Injury) "Recognised by the market as a leading claimant junior who often appears unled against silks in complex injury claims. He focuses on accident at work and RTA cases and is commended for his assistance in multi-track claims. He is also known to handle high-profile liability cases." "He's terrific, a very cerebral performer." "He has a great bedside manner, but is tenacious in court."
“Often appears unled against silks in complex injury claims. He is known to handle high profile liability cases.”
Chambers & Partners 2017: "Recognised by the market as a leading claimant junior."
Chambers & Partners 2016: "His legal knowledge is supreme and he is able to grasp things very quickly."
Chambers & Partners 2015: "Wins strong praise for his skills in the courtroom, particularly when handling matters that involve difficult issues of liability."
Chambers & Partners 2014: "He is recommended for his handling of complex technical matters and his attention to detail."
APPOINTMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS
PUBLICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Malvicini v Ealing Primay Care Trust  EWHC 378 - Vulnerability discounting in respect of severe Conversion Disorder.
• Collins v Serco Group Plc  EWHC 731 - Serco's liability for assault by immigration detainee upon custody officer.
• Cooper v Bright Horizons  EWHC 2349 - Employer liable for nursery worker's cauda equina syndrome caused by placing baby in defective cot.
• Tafa v Matsim Properties  EWHC 1302 - Work at Height Regulations; liability of company director for construction site fall causing paraplegia.
• Hawley v Luminar leisure  EWCA Civ 18 - Vicarious liability for temporary deemed employees; meaning of "accidental bodily injury" in public liability policy.