Do you know what ‘derivatives’ means?
Time and Venue:
Thursday, 19th March 2015, 2.30 – 4.30pm
Leman Street, Aldgate East, E1
– Jason Galbraith-Marten QC
– Gordon Turner, Employment Lawyer
– Ian Fox, Deputy Chairman, London Money Market Association
– Steve Taylor, Broker (ex ICAP)
Financial Conduct Authority Procedures & the Law
Capability and conduct procedures involving Bankers/ FCA regulated workers are more complex because of the additional layers of procedure. The consequences of dismissal for bankers can be devastating: loss of approved status, deferred bonuses and stocks. Lawyers and HR managers can struggle to understand the jargon and red tape so we have brought together 4 renowned experts who will simplify the key issues. Delegates will receive a glossary (of banker speak) and notes.
* Introducing the City and its institutions
* Regulation: the FCA- What does it do? What powers does it have?
* Injunctions: can employees force employers to act fairly?
* Negotiating ‘good leaver’ exits: pay-offs and changes to Settlement Agreements post the banking crisis
* Q&A followed by drinks
Booking & Participation
The briefing will take place in the dining room of the famous Dispensary, Leman Street, Aldgate East E1 http://www.thedispensarylondon.co.uk/dining.html
The cost is £50 + VAT. To reserve a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MAR/GT. Places are limited.