Cloisters Head of Chambers, Robin Allen QC and barrister Rachel Crasnow QC, spoke at the high profile TUC and Equal Opportunities Review Discrimination Law Conference 2015 on 23 Jan 2015 at TUC headquarters, Great Russell Street, London.
This annual event gave trade unions, law centres, citizen advice bureaus and other voluntary organisations the chance to hear about the latest legal developments and landmark equality cases from a panel of eminent speakers.
Sir Bob Hepple QC’s keynote address examined the 2015 Equality Agenda.
This was followed by Robin Allen’s talk on where the law now stands as regards age discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination highlighting key areas such as:
– Age discrimination and recruitment: lessons of Vital Pére
– Justifying mandatory retirement
– Challenging age discriminatory terms and conditions: Latest cases
– Recent sexual orientation discrimination decisions
Rachel Crasnow reviewed new legislation and the latest decisions on equal pay covering:
– Determining the appropriate equal pay comparator
– Challenging job evaluation schemes
– The employer’s defence: what difference does the Equality Act 2010 make?
– New Tribunal powers to require equal pay audits
Robin Allen’s and Rachel Crasnow’s notes are available on request. Please contact mailto:email@example.com