- This event has passed.
Employment Equality Law Update 2019
October 17 @ 09:20 - 16:30
A comprehensive and in-depth analysis of employment equality law developments. This will also be an excellent opportunity to hear Robin Allen QC and Dee Masters discuss Artifical Intelligence. Their talk will cover:
Algorithms, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: The Next Frontier in Discrimination Law.
Algorithms, machine learning and AI are tools that are increasingly used in decision-making both in the public and private sector to generate efficiencies and create a competitive edge. But they can all have built-in biases that can infringe employment equality and equal status laws. Robin Allen QC and Dee Masters BL, Cloisters, London, are leading discrimination barristers at the forefront of this debate, curating a dedicated resource (www.ai-lawhub.com) aimed at assisting organisations manage the risk of discriminatory tech and which builds on their extensive experience in Europe and the UK working at the cutting edge of equality law.
The full programme includes:
- CJEU and Irish Case Law Developments, with Marguerite Bolger SC and Michelle Ní Longáin – cases from the last year relevant to Ireland’s workplaces
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting, with Mary-Paula Guinness BL – The Bill is with us and a legislative priority this summer for government
- Workplace Harassment – Should NDAs be Banned? That’s the question posed and answered by Owen Keany BL
- Algorithms, Apps & Artificial Intelligence, with Robin Allen QC and Dee Masters BL, Cloisters, London – the new frontier for employment equality is in eliminating bias in AI, a tool exponentially increasing in use throughout all sectors
- Establishing Quantum and Setting Out Issues – two years after our first survey, Cathal McGreal BL sets out our findings on average employment equality awards and more from the WRC and Labour Court