Our barristers have expertise across a broad range of commercial law disputes. They are regularly instructed to appear in commercial and common law litigation at all levels, as well as domestic and international arbitrations.
Cloisters' formidable reputation as a leading Employment Law set is a testament to its particular expertise in respect to the commercial aspects of the employment relationship.
Recent cases range across a broad spectrum of commercial disputes from complex commercial wrongdoing in the tech sector to enforcement of restrictive covenants for a media organisation facing client poaching. Clients range from celebrities such as P Diddy, to media publications such as the Independent and higher education institutions including the London School of Economics, to name just a few.
Various members, at different levels of seniority, are able to accept instructions direct from members of the public and from organisations.
Our work includes:
- Bonus and commission disputes
- Unlawful competitive activity, restrictive covenants and garden leave
- Wrongful dismissal
- Director's duties and remedies for Director's misfeasance / misconduct
- Fiduciary duties
- Injunctive relief (both interim and final)
- Commercial Contracts
- Sale of goods
- Confidentiality and database rights
- Partnership disputes
- Commercial agents' regulations
- Commercial aspects of sports law
Our barristers for Commercial Law