The Latest from Cloisters
Cloisters sponsors the launch of the Fawcett Society Sex Discrimination Law Review
Fawcett Society Sex Discrimination Law Review Launch, Tuesday 23 January 2018
Cloisters is delighted to announce sponsorship of the launch of the Fawcett Society Sex Discrimination Law Review.
The Fawcett Society, the UK’s leading charity campaigning for gender equality and women’s rights, will launch the findings of a landmark, year-long review of UK equalities legislation early in the new year.
The Sex Discrimination Law Review brings together a broad panel of experts to look at the detail of the law for sex equality in the UK and building legislation fit for the 21st century. The review remit includes:
- Employment law & discrimination including pregnancy discrimination, sexist dress codes, equal pay including pension provision
- The application of the definition of indirect discrimination
- Family friendly rights for parents and carers including possible consolidation
- Harassment including on the internet and social media
- Hate crime and its limits
- Multiple discrimination, particularly intersectional discrimination and whether Section 14 of the Equality Act 2010 in its current form is sufficient
- Public sector equality duty and specific duties
- The balance of individual rights vs the responsibility of the organisation to promote equality
- Access to justice
- Sex Equality legislation in Northern Ireland and the differences between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK
The ground-breaking report will be launched on 23rd January 2018 at an event hosted by Rt. Hon. Maria Miller MP, Chair of the Women and Equalities Select Committee with speaker Dawn Butler, Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities.